Where is your favourite place in Derbyshire? Leave your stories and comments below.
I have lived in Derbyshire forever! To those who don’t know me, it equates to quite a while. I’ve hopped houses a bit, but always in the same county. I love it here – the green fields with smiley horses and nosy cows, swallows pretending to be spitfires in April, slogging up hills with my lazy dog and snapping tired snow shovels in winter.
Shortly after I started making natural skin care products for a living (a hefty 15 years ago), I was selling at my local farmer’s market and got chatting to Steve Ogan, owner of Blakelow Farm Holiday Cottages, Winster. Even though he doesn’t offer dog friendly holidays, I will share the link to his website, purely because I feel you must see his fantastic cottages. Steve was after guest soaps for his rooms and wondered if I could help. Sure, I could!
Because of Steve’s interest in my products, I am now working with many similar businesses and have had the great opportunity to meet the owners and see their wonderful places to stay. Derbyshire has some truly unique venues with excellent facilities. The pet friendly places I have chosen to feature on this months blog, are without exception, some of the most special retreats for your holiday in Derbyshire. They offer tranquility, a chance to relax and an exciting base for wild hills and dales adventurers. If you are planning a holiday, don’t miss Derbyshire this year. We have everything you need (…don’t forget the dog)!
Wheeldon Trees Farm Holiday Cottages Earl Sterndale, Buxton, SK17 0AA
- Nine 4 Star Gold luxury cottages sleeping from 1-5 adults
- Ideal for family and group gatherings in multiple cottages
- Dog-friendly, child-friendly and eco-friendly
- One wheelchair friendly (NAS Mobility Level 2) cottage and one ground floor cottage
- Superb games room/ group dining room with fully fitted kitchen
- Free WiFi in your cottage and in the Long Room (games / dining room)
- Join us each morning for animal feeding sessions!
All doggy guests get a ’doggy basket’ with bowl, bowl mat, throw, towel, fork & poop bags! Click here for more info on how your happy your dog will feel at Wheeldon Trees Farm Holiday Cottages!
Mention ‘Coconut Blush’ and Deborah & Martin will give you a complimentary pot of ‘Skin & Paw Salve’ for your dog!
Hoe Grange Holidays Brassington, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 4HP
Mulino Pods Agnes Meadow Lane, Ashbourne DE6 1JR
Mulino Pods have three glamping pods overlooking the Carsington valley which drops off steeply to the hamlet of Atlow. Their pods are nestled in the hawthorn bushes creating privacy for each one. Your neighbours are the farm sheep which graze in the paddocks and fields.
Experience the outdoors within the comfort of the homely personal space inside the cosy pod, with the French doors opening out to the beautiful Derbyshire scenery. The location allows a connection with nature and the surrounding quiet and peaceful countryside.
- Damson Pod has a full size double bed and futon(s) for additional guests. Lavender Pod has a full size double bed, bunk beds and futon(s) for additional guests.
- In pod facilities including a fridge, toaster and kettle
- Socket points, lighting, an optional heater & super fast WIFI inside your Pod!
SPECIAL OFFER! 15% off all stays and dogs stay for free until the 29th March
Visit Peaks Holiday Cottages Peak District
Riverside House is a large dog friendly self catering holiday cottage in the Peak District National Park. Wendy’s super spacious accommodation has bags of room for up to 12 people and five dogs, and boasts four bedrooms and three bathrooms. It’s great for group get-togethers, reunions and family celebrations (no stag or hen parties please). The location is pretty special, too, with the Monsal Trail only a stone’s throw from the doorstep. The cottage is set in the Derbyshire village of Litton Mill with stunning scenery, walks and cycle routes right on your doorstep. Riverside House holiday cottage has its very own separate games room too!
- four bedrooms, including one downstairs – ideal for older family members
- three bathrooms, including one ensuite and one downstairs
- huge lounge with beams/dining room big enough to fit 12
- large, modern, fully equipped kitchen
- underfloor heating in the kitchen and dining room
Hayloft & Byre Cottages Peak District
Hayloft & Byre cottages are owned by Marian and Martin French. Each cottage has it’s own unique features, from magnificent views to upside down living, and are sited in prime walking locations. Each cottage sleeps 4 people and is equipped to a high standard, including eco-friendly under floor heating. High speed WiFi and cosy log burners provide perfect surroundings for your holiday.
Up to 2 dogs stay for FREE! As dog owners themselves, the owners know how hard it can be to find the right accommodation for all the family. There are plenty of walks from the door of either cottage which are suitable for letting your dog stretch its legs. With open fields surrounding the cottages and the local Ordnance Survey map (provided in the cottage) in your hand, there is every reason to get out and explore.
Guests can also order a full range of products, hand sourced from the area’s top purveyors. Products include meats, milk, cheeses, fruit & veg, drinks, ready meals, pet foods etc.
Old Manse Guest House Buxton
The Old Manse Guesthouse, Buxton is located in a quiet residential area. Only a 5 minute walk to the Market Square where you will find a good selection of pubs and restaurants. Then a few minutes walk on to the famous Opera House and Pavilion Gardens.
- Light and airy and rooms, decorated to a high standard with solid wood furniture. Designed with modern furnishings, whilst retaining the charm and character of our Victorian Guesthouse.
- Relax in a tub chair in front of your flat screen tv or make use of the spacious desk and free wireless internet access. Freshen up in your en-suite shower room with complimentary toiletries.
- Enjoy a peaceful nights sleep in a pocket sprung bed and wake up to a hearty Derbyshire breakfast sourced locally.
- Special occasion? Flowers or chocolates can be arranged for your room on arrival.
Losehill House Hotel and Spa Losehill Lane, Edale Road, S33 6AF
Losehill House Hotel has 23 beautifully appointed 4 star en-suite bedrooms and suites – all with Flat Screen TVs and free Wi-Fi access, plus robes and slippers for the Spa. Most of their rooms give extensive views over the National Park nestled between Lose Hill and Win Hill and at the meeting point of the Hope Valley and the Vale of Edale.
For an intimate country house hotel the facilities at Losehill House Hotel are quite exceptional, from the swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and hot tub on the terrace, to the lift to the 2 floors of bedrooms. The public areas are surprisingly spacious with reception area, lounge, bar and Orangery Restaurant all offering light, airy, modern spaces to relax and enjoy your time at Losehill.
Dogs are accepted in the Mews Apartments only – not within the hotel itself. Please call and check availability before booking if you are planning on bringing dogs.